Day 8 in Australia

G'day,

Now for my final week in Australia before I head off to New Zealand, I would start the week with a visit to Bankstown Council to the west of Sydney. It took about 40 minutes on the train to Bankstown and then a short walk to the Council.

Bankstown is a lovely city and the Council building is a beautiful blue glass structure. Here I met Tanya Whitton and Stephannie Mikhail. They were both very welcoming and friendly and provided some very nice biscuits and sweets (Not that I'm hinting to any future organisations I visit). At Bankstown I learned a lot about Councils in and around Sydney and how advanced ICT is here. I got to learn a lot about e-services and the future of e-services in Bankstown and in New South Wales.

For lunch I headed towards Bankstown's shopping centre which is a lot bigger than it looks. I managed to get lost and decided the best way back to the Council would be to take the nearest exit and walk around the outside until I reached the part which I entered. For lunch I had Sushi, which I have never had before and loved it so if you ever get the chance head over to Bankstown shopping centre and have Sushi.

Once back at the Council I showed Tanya some of the e-services at Leeds City Council and the e-learning at Leeds Learning Network. I felt it gave Tanya some good ideas and it really showed some of the differences between England and Australia. I had a great time at Bankstown and tomorrow I will be meeting Reem and Darryl from LGSA in Sydney so tune in.....

1 comment:

  1. Scott

    Great to read of all your experiences. My memory of Manly was also trying to find ..... a bike rental shop. We did eventually and had a memorable ride. Hope all your contacts continue to be beneficial and look forward to you advising us on Web 2.0 and all that stuff!

    Enjoy.

    Martin

    ReplyDelete