Day 4 in Australia

G'day,

Well today I had a free day and it gave me chance to catch up on much needed sleep. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do today but as it was a nice day I decided on a trip to the Taronga Zoo I'd heard so much about.


Having heard many great things about Taronga Zoo I really wanted to fulfill a small dream of mine and come face to face with great Australian animals such as the Kangaroos and Koalas. I set off on a really enjoyable ferry ride, which gave great views of Sydney Harbor and the Sydney Opera House. The Zoo was packed and on a hot warm day it didn't make for a happy crowd but I was really looking forward to the experience. Upon entering I was able to sign up for a Koala experience, this would give me the chance to come face to face with one of Australia's most iconic animals.

The Koala experience was really special and I was able to get some amazing pictures, for such cute creatures they have very deadly claws. I also got the chance to see many other great animals including a Brown Bear, Snow Leopards, Red Pandas, Kangaroos, Lions and Tigers. I will say that nothing will beat the experience of watching a Tiger relaxing in the water then in a split second jump out and run straight up to the screening window. Then repeatedly march up and down, a true display of animal dominance and territorial instincts.

If you ever get the chance, visit Toranga Zoo, a really great experience and I'll see you on Day 5.....

No comments:

Post a Comment