Day 2 in Australia

G'day,

Well after a tiresome day 1 I quickly moved into day 2. Having remembered my way around from day 1 I decided to go visit a few spots I missed the first time. Heading towards a beautiful spot called Darling Harbor I stumbled across the Sydney Harbor Bridge climb.

After a friendly chat with the guy behind the counter and a look around I'd signed up with little idea of what to expect but I figured I probably wont get the chance to do it again so what the heck. I gave my ticket in, was told to sign the terms and conditions, was breathalysed and made to walk through a metal detector, at this point I really did wonder what I had let myself in for. Then followed a few quick training runs on a 'mini bridge' and we were off.

It started with a lovely climb all the way to the centre of the Sydney Harbor Bridge which had a brilliant view of the Harbor, surrounding buildings and the Opera House. A great experience I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Sydney. At this point I felt very relieved that I had reached the top, still jet lagged and tired but full of excitement I'd made it, then came the bad news, we had to climb the same distance back down again.....

After another tiring day I managed steak, chips and a beer for tea before collapsing into a deep sleep at the hotel. However I couldn't sleep for long, as Day 3 I visit Mosman Council....

1 comment:

  1. The bridge climb is epic! I was so un-excited about doing it until i was on the bridge climbing up! had a great time!

    ReplyDelete