Day 1 in Australia

G'day,

Firstly some background information for those of you wondering why I have started a blog. Well, I am the winner of the Socitm Graham Williamson travel award which is given to someone just starting out in ICT to learn more about Public and Private organisations as well as creating a life changing experience. With my award I choose to spend 2 weeks in Australia then just over 2 weeks in New Zealand, so with this blog you will follow me on my travels and now for day 1.......

I arrived groggy from my long flight at 8.30am local time and unable to collapse on my bed until check in time at 14.00 so I decided to explore the city. Within 10 minutes I was lost and some how managed to walk all the way to Sydney Harbour Bridge. I eventually stumbled into a Hungry Jacks, that's a Burger King to those of you in the UK, I choose a very exciting Whopper meal as my first meal in Australia. Having found some energy through the jet lag I managed to find my way back to the hotel to watch some Rugby League. I had decided a few beers before bed would help me to sleep but no sooner had I got ready I was asleep at 5.00pm. However thanks to my early exit I was wide awake at 3.00am the next day with nothing but darkness and late night TV, on to Day 2......

2 comments:

  1. Scott - good to hear from you, if you get the chance the Sydney Harbour bridge climb is definitely worth it. I am on a short break till 11th but will be keeping up with blog in the meantime Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you arrived safely Scott and impressed that you're straight in there to work. Also happy to hear you're getting some rec time. Stay well away from the Australian rules football!

    ReplyDelete