Thursday 15th in Australia

G'day,

Not long to go before New Zealand but today I have a very busy day visiting people in Penrith and Parramatta.

In the morning I met with Kathie Goldsworthy at the University of Western Sydney to discuss the e-learning taking place there. We talked about the content management system in place and different plug ins such as the lecture recorder. This was very interesting as unlike the UK, Australian Councils do not oversee education so it was great to see some e-learning in action.

I then went to meet Richard Hawkins, the web co-ordinator at Penrith Council. Richard showed me the content management system in place there and the issues he is facing. I was also shown the e-services in place before going to lunch, I had the steak sandwich and chips (if anyone was wondering).

I then quickly moved on to meet Professor Peter Phibbs at the Urban Research Centre. Peter helped me arrange my visits today and we had a quick chat about my trip and about my favourite sport, Rugby League (I support Bradford Bulls if anyone was wondering again).

I then returned to Sydney and as it is the last chance I will get to have a few beers I went out for a bit, tomorrow I will be visiting Sydney Downtown Council and packing my bags ready for NZ. See you there..........

No comments:

Post a Comment