Friday 16th in Australia

G'day,

Today is my final day in Australia and I went to visit Sydney Downtown Council. Sydney Downtown Council and the structure in place reminds me a lot of Leeds City Council back home so it was interesting to visit them.

At Sydney I got to meet the web team focusing on e-services and the customer focused applications in place such as e-payments. Also discussing the different practises and careers within Sydney Downtown. I then met the project manager and we talked about different management methods and agile development and e-learning. I then met the mapping team who spend time mapping the whole of Sydney such as locations of trees, buildings, roads and cables to aid the teams on the streets with portable computers. This was very interesting as Sydney is such a big place but the models were well constructed. I was also shown the physical 3D model at Sydney Downtown Council created by professional modellers. This looked really amazing and I will put some pictures on for you guys a long with lots of my trip. I will also be doing a presentation and writing an article of my findings so keep your eyes peeled.

So that concludes Australia, tomorrow I fly to New Zealand, so see you on the other side (or the dark side as the Aussies like to call it)........

2 comments:

  1. Scott - thanks for the blog, great keeping up with your travels, it sounds like you have been kept busy with some really interesting stuff. Looking forward to hearing more about it all when you get back...if you come back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott,
    You're making good use of your time - well done. Lots to help you in your career, including enjoying the local kulture. Lots in it for socitm too, who'll be glad to piggyback on your experience in the developing of services.
    Enjoy NZ - they think Oz is the dark side!
    David

    ReplyDelete