Day 3 in Australia

G'day,

Today I would meet the first organisation on my trip and could not wait. Up bright and early, all prepared having bought a bus ticket the day before and traced my route, I was ready. Following my map to catch the bus, the further I walked the more I started to doubt my sense of direction. I asked a friendly local who then to my disappointment pointed me back in the direction I had come from. I had left enough time but after the first 2 days the last thing I wanted was more walking. I made it to the bus stop with plenty of time to spare. Hopefully the bus will arrive on time but if its anything like England, none will come for ages then two will come together.

The bus did indeed arrive on time and I asked the driver if he could advise me where to get off, he of course did not know either which again had me worried, luckily a local was at hand to help. I made it to Mosman Council, which I met Bernard De Broglio, who was very helpful, friendly and made my stay at Mosman a great experience.

At Mosman I learned a lot about Web 2.0 and the benefits such as using Twitter and Facebook to promote events, something my own organisation doesn't take advantage of. This is definitely something I will take home. I also had the pleasure of joining people from the Council, the Mosman Library and the Rangers in their friendly game of lunch time Soccer (Football to everyone else). A really great experience and a great bunch at Mosman. To finish with we went for a few beers after work and the rest they say is history. Roll on Day 4.....

No comments:

Post a Comment